Privacy Protection Policy
1) The Scope of Application
2) Collection of personal information
No personal information is needed for browsing this Website. Users are required to provide personal information for the following services only.
a. ‘Library Card Application Form
For better library services, when applying for a library card, you must fill out the ‘Library Card Application Form’. By submitting the form, you agree to accept that all the information you fill in the form will be entered into the automation system of Macao Public Library, and you are willing to receive electronic messages such as the latest collection and event information given by Macao Public Library.
In general, personal data that this Website uses to confirm readers’ identities are ‘Library Card Number’ or ‘Macao Resident Identity Card Number’ and ‘password’; with this information, users are able to use all kinds of services on this Website without other applications.
b. ‘My Account’
If you have to use the following online services, you are required to input ‘Library card number’ and ‘Password’ to verify your identity at the ‘Reader Login (Renewal/Booking)’ which is at the top of this Website. The services are as follows:
- Review My Account
- User PIN Change
- Renew My Materials
- Change My Data
- Express My Opinions
- Recommend to Order
c. ‘Macao Information Reference Enquiry’ / ‘Non-Macao Information Reference Enquiry’
If you would like to use the ‘Macao / Non-Macao Information Reference Enquiry’ service, you must provide your ‘Name’, ‘Email’, ‘Contact number’, ‘Age’, ‘Are you our member?, ‘Question’ and select the ‘Purpose of Enquiry’ (‘Obtained References’ is an optional field)
The purpose of collecting your information is to offer you various services; if you fail to provide the information, this site will not be able to process your application for the services.
You shall ensure that all information provided by you to us is true and complete. If there is reasonable doubt about the authenticity of any such information, we reserve the right to cancel and suspend such services anytime without notice.
3) Security Policy for Processing Personal Information
All personal information you provided to this Website or on the ‘Library Card Application Form’ are protected by the strict security system of Macao Public Library under the Cultural Affairs Bureau. Only authorized personnel are allowed access to such personal data.
4) The Use of information
At the same time, when using any of the services provided on this site, you should carefully read the agreements and conditions of use for each service in order to understand how your personal information could be accessed. The information collected by this Website, or through the ‘Library Card Application Form’ will primarily be used for the following purposes:
- To verify reader’s identity and to offer you various library services;
- To verify your identity and record to maintain accurate contact lists;
- Respond to your request (reference service, recommended books, readers’ opinions);
- To improve and promote service quality and scope of the website;
- For statistical purpose;
- Conduct surveys or marketing study for existing or future services.
5) Information Disclosure
- This site will not lease, sell or reveal your information to a third party without your consent, except in the following situations:
- Pursuant to law or regulations;
- In compliance with a request made by judiciary or other authorities who are acting in accordance with legal process;
- To protect the property, rights or interests of this Website or its affiliated websites;
- In cases of emergency when it is deemed necessary for the protection of users of this Website, public welfare, or personal safety.
- Any information, except for personal information, provided through requests for reference service, questions, comments, suggestions, book recommendation and reader’s article submission will be treated as data that is provided voluntarily in a non-confidential, non-exclusive manner. This Website has the right to reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish or broadcast such data.
- This Website also reserves the right to provide such information to its partners for expanding or promoting our services.
If you have queries or suggestions, please contact us via telephone, mail or e-mail ( email@example.com ).
Last Updated: April 2016