Book Delivery Service
In response to the policy direction of the “Ten-Year Plan for Rehabilitation Services of the Macao Special Administrative Region from 2016 to 2025”, the Department of Public Library Management has launched a book delivery service and set the following rules regarding the service.
Rules Governing the Book Delivery Service of the Macao Public Library of the Cultural Affairs Bureau
The Department of Public Library Management (hereinafter referred to as the Department) of the Cultural Affairs Bureau has launched a book delivery service to promote reading in local communities. The rules regarding the service are as follows:
- The service is open to non-profit organizations and schools in Macao.
- Organizations or schools that apply for the book delivery service for the first time can apply by writing to the Macao Public Library of the Cultural Affairs Bureau. Upon approval of the application, a library card will be issued with a validity period of ten years, and renewals will be accepted. Applicants may contact the Department in the future to arrange borrowing or delivery of library items.
- Applicants may borrow a maximum of 200 library items each time, and can only select from one of the branch libraries or the Central Book Stack of their choice at a time, with a loan period of 60 days from the borrowing date.
- Applicants must lend the borrowed library items to their members or students free of charge.
- Applicants are responsible for taking care of the borrowed items. The handling of late return, book damage or loss is subject to the Macao Public Library’s regulations.
- The Department reserves the right, in the light of individual circumstances, to consider adjusting the number of borrowed library items, loan period and delivery arrangements.
- In the event of any omissions in these rules, reference will be made to the applicable existing legislation, and the right to alter or update these rules is reserved in the light of actual situations.
For members of social welfare institutions that provide rehabilitation services, who are unable to borrow books from the libraries in person due to physical disabilities, the Macao Public Library can deliver library items to their residence according to the information referred by the institution each time (such as information on the library items, the member’s name, contact number and address). The Department has set the following rules regarding this service.
Rules Governing the Book Delivery Service of the Macao Public Library (for Individuals)
- A borrower may borrow a maximum of five library items, with a loan period of 15 days. Unless already reserved by another reader, each item may be renewed once.
- There is an MOP1.00 overdue charge per day for each item.
- When receiving library items delivered from the Macao Public Library, please check if the items are in good condition. When returning the items, the borrowers are required to make compensation for any book damage or loss in accordance with the Macao Public Library’s regulations; damaged items need to be returned to the Library for write-off as they are public property. A fine is charged if an item is overdue.
- The Macao Public Library reserves the right, in the light of individual circumstances, to consider adjusting the number of borrowed library items, loan period and delivery arrangements.
- The service shall be governed by the regulations of the Macao Public Library. In the event of any omissions in these rules, reference will be made to the applicable existing legislation, and the right to alter or update these rules is reserved in the light of actual situations.
For enquiries about the book delivery service, please contact the Macao Public Library on tel. no. 2837 7117 during office hours.