Old Court Building
Built in 1951, the Old Court Building, located at Avenida da Praia Grande, was originally the Building for Macao Government Offices, once used by various public services. In accordance with the Cultural Heritage Protection Law, the building is classified as a “building of architectural interest”. The façade of the building can be considered as an architectural representation of Eclecticism, which is marked by its axial symmetry design, and is clearly divided into three horizontal sections and three vertical sections. The exterior walls and the main staircase of the building both feature the use of “Shanghai plaster”, a kind of traditional construction technique that was commonly used and applied to imitate the architectural effect of stone or granite in Macao during the beginning of the last century.